Professional Use of the SOS Approach to Feeding Therapy Program
The following policy outlines the strict policy regarding which professionals may or may not use the SOS Approach to Feeding therapy program.
Please be aware that ONLY professionals with advanced degrees who have directly attended an SOS Approach to Feeding – 3.75 or 4-Day Basic Training Conference (in-person) are allowed to carry out the SOS therapy program with children and their families. Dr. Toomey and her team members are the only SOS Professors allowed to conduct SOS Trainings. No other professionals are allowed to teach their colleagues how to carry out the SOS Approach to Feeding program.
Purpose for Required Policy:
- To make sure that all of the professionals trained in using the SOS Approach to Feeding therapy program have a comprehensive understanding of the theory and all of the techniques in their entirety, as taught to them directly by the developer of the program (Dr. Kay Toomey).
- To assure that the SOS Approach to Feeding program is correctly taught to, and used with, children and their families who have feeding problems, by only having Dr. Toomey and her SOS Professors provide the training. Dr. Toomey’s training conferences teach the SOS Approach to Feeding program theory and techniques in a very specific and thorough manner.
- To prevent any harm occurring to a child as a result of an untrained professional performing the program incorrectly and/or teaching the families to use the program incorrectly.
- To prevent misuse of our copyrighted materials by untrained persons who could unintentionally cause harm to a child or family member because they were not fully educated regarding the correct way in which to use the materials.
- To provide legal and ethical protection for our staff who have clear documentation of what is taught in an SOS Approach to Feeding – 3.75 or 4-Day Basic Training Conference.
Please also be aware that we may legally pursue professionals or other persons who attempt to acquire and or use SOS Approach to Feeding copyrighted materials who have not attended a 3.75 or 4-Day Basic Training Conference and/or who do not have our direct permission to use our materials.
Need more help?
If you are having difficulty implementing these strategies with your child, let us know! We would love to help support you!Contact us!